Don’t get used to getting two posts a day, but in the beginning I feel the need to get some content out here. And while we are on the subject of clay, I think I can show off this poor guy that I haven’t been taking properly care of since I made him.
I call him “poor guy” because he’s no longer stuck to the backboard, as he broke free of the glue several years ago and I still haven’t fixed it.
I mentioned in my intro post how my school had this art profile, which meant I got to do a lot of artsy stuff in school. We could have different combinations like metalwork, but I did fine art. Still we had to do crossovers and work with different materials than we’d signed up for. So one assignment was to create a face of clay and then mount it on a wooden fram we built.
I’ll never forget how my teacher asked me, before I painted it, if I intended to make an “African mask.” My intention all along was to make a sculpture of Severus Snape, who is one of my all time favourite characters. Unfortunately I was ill during the time we dyed the hair, so he ended up blond. Hence, a failed Snape.
The best plans of mice and men, you know…
Done somewhere during the school year of 2006 and 2007.